Saturday, June 25, 2011

Three Halves of Space Marines and Projects Long Forgotten

I was looking at all of my armies today when three very small marines caught my eye. When I picked them up I realized that I had found some of my test models that I had never finished. Whenever I get an idea about some new cool unit I like to draw out that idea or even better, gather together some spares and build a test model. These test models then become regular pieces in my army. But these three never did.  The first test model was a scout that helped lay down the standard kit for all my scouts.
The one Scout Sergeant that set down the basic kit for all my scouts. All the kit was just little bits from sets from the Space Marine range. 
The next two were both inspired by the Marines Malevolent, who appeared in Salamander by Nick Kyme. I was aiming for a more old and mismatched appearance. 
The Sergeant of the squad, its body is from a Chaos Space Marine. 
The Techmarine was a much more unique conversion. The Servo Arm is actually an arm from a Servitor   and the Shotgun is from the Scouts set.
The squads Techmarine.
I hope that one day these respectable enough pieces will have legs. Sadly, I found more pieces I had forgotten about.   
A Dreadknight, part of a very small Grey Knight army, is one of my favorite pieces. I reposed the legs to make it look as if the Dreadknight was running forward.

 
An  unfinished Eisenhorn.
I have to say that I like all of these pieces a lot. You can't tell from the picture but, the Dreadknight looks really good and no green stuff was even needed. I will do a post on it in the near future. If you could not pick up any thing useful  from this post then you did not pick up its meaning. When you start something, make sure to finish it. This is a tip that can help a lot when it comes to making a fully converted and painted army. 

No comments:

Post a Comment